Friday, February 25, 2011

Ambition

Hey Stellar Fans,
I am putting this information out there because I want to help you, ironic because, I need help too. I have learned to live a passionate life, I have a lot of potential, I am committed to my goals, and I am not anywhere near where I want to be. This is okay, I’m not discouraged, life is a progressive course with many highs and lows and bends in the road. There will be setbacks that can make aspirations of wanting more vanish in a second. I have learned that most people don’t even “hope” anymore. What is the use? If I put myself out there and fail, then I am a failure, right? NO!!! The most successful people in our culture have tried many times before they reached any level of success.

I have come up with a personal manifesto, if you will, on the beliefs I hold on “WHY PEOPLE FAIL.” These beliefs were not developed from a lifetime of studying success or failures. Most of these beliefs came from studying myself, and the individuals I have been fortunate enough to be in contact with. Personally, I failed far more then I have succeeded. I have seen internal pain manifest in tears, I have dealt with stories of tragedy, comedy, etcetera, and I am compelled to share with you first, why I believe I am qualified to have such a “manifesto”:

ME: I grew up in an abusive household. I last saw my Father when I was 8 or 9 as three police officers wrestled him to the ground in our living room. One of my persistent memories of my father was when two of my siblings and I were eating at the kitchen table with my father to my left. The telephone was on the kitchen table between my father and I and it rang, (I will never forget this) I tried to grab it and my Father brushed my hand away, I thought this was a fun game. It rang again and I tried to grab it, he brushed my hand away a second time. At this point, I have a big smile on my face and I feel like I'm going to win this little father/son, cat and mouse game. It rings yet again and I get the phone off the hook (even at that age I was very crafty), the caller asks for my Father, I hand him the phone, he grabs it with his right hand and his left hand appears out of the corner of my eye swinging towards me landing square on my nose.... HARD. I fall off my chair, run to the bathroom holding my nose from spewing out anymore blood, after all staining the carpet could warrant getting hit again. I'm now in the bathroom looking in the mirror at myself, my gaze drifts slightly up and to the left in the mirror to see my mother standing there, no words spoken, no actions taken, eyes locked. I love my Mom and eventually she got us out of that household, but I just can't forget seeing her standing there... and nothing.
I have read, heard, and have seen many scenarios that were much worse than how I grew up, but the truth is the truth to the individual. I love the line in the artist Fifty Cent’s Song: "death gotta be easy, cuz life is hard. It'll leave you physically, mentally, & emotionally scar'd." I have multiple knife scars on my hands (defense wounds), chest (didn't get to defend that one), two scars on my forehead: One, attacked by a Doberman Pinscher; Two, fell in the bathtub and bent the faucet. Two scars on the back of my head (visible if I cut my hair short enough), and a permanent bend in my nose (baseball bat), I think nothing of getting stitched up or taking them out. I have seen my mom and older brother violated so many times that it felt like the sun rising in the east.... just another day.
Though these are the experiences that taught me what I thought to be the facts of life, I still realized the possibility that life is beautiful and achievement is possible. I have outlined below some of the content provided in our seminars. So with no more gilding the lilly:
WHY PEOPLE FAIL:

1. Not yet disgusted with how things are.

2. Definite major purpose in life is unclear, not concise, not measurable, and not radically realistic.
 
3. Inability to learn from past mistakes or constantly in a state of denial.

4. Inability to project future scenarios and strategize for all possibilities good or bad.

5. Un-reasonable or no strategy to over-come obstacles (they come as a test to prove you are worthy of your desired outcome).
6. Lack of commitment and tendency to lean on crutches (excuses) to the desired outcome.

7. Insufficient support structure, ridicule from trusted sources, resentment or envy from others that infiltrates the mind.

8. Improper attitude/outlook on the reality of life.

-Destry Brink
(thx to W.S.)

No comments:

Post a Comment